Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Always Look on the Bright Side of Life

12.18.2012

First, let's have a little history lesson. My name is Jacob and my wife's name is Lyndsay. We are both 23 years old and have been married since October 31, 2011 (one year and one, going on two months). We live with our puppy, Pumpkin Houndour age five months, and our two turtles Shelly and Squirtle.

With that said, we can get to the matter at hand. About two weeks ago, we began our next chapter in life. Lyndsay suspected that she had become pregnant, so I went and got two pregnancy tests to confirm/deny suspicions. Both turned up positive. A few days later she took another two, and, lo and behold, positives once again. We made an appointment at the health department to further confirm this fact that I tried so hard to deny.

After the at-home tests came back positive, I became an emotional wreck. I was happy, obviously; afraid for the well-being of not only the two of us, but for our unborn child as well; and I was angry that I let the heat of the moment blind me to the safeguarding of protection. It was like a hurricane of emotions stirring me up inside so much, that I didn't quite know how I felt about it all...

Fast forward to today, we got up for the 10 o'clock appointment, and were seen within minutes. They administered another pregnancy test, and, yes, it now is official! Pregnant! Now, you might be looking at the title of this blog and be wondering why I have titled it such. This new finding came as a surprise, as neither of us had planned on kids for quite some time. I work at a job that blatantly refuses to give me a full-time position so I can add Lyndsay to my health insurance. Needless to say, we were taken aback by this pregnancy.

After the appointment, we went to her parents house to bask in our accomplishment. After belting out our battle-cry there, we went to our best friend, Van to tell him the news. My parents were next. They came to our house and were told the news. Words were exchanged and they left, leaving only their congratulations behind. It was only then that I felt the hurricane inside of me finally come to a screeching halt. I knew then, exactly how I felt: Happy, overjoyed, positive, and most of all, excited.

This whole experience can be summed up in the title of this blog, that is to say, always look on the bright side of life. At least we are married and at least we have some sort of financial foothold. We know far too many people that have gotten pregnant before marriage and created their own Hell-on-Earth. So that is my message to you and myself, always look on the bright side of life, because, hey, it could always be worse.

1 comment:

  1. Keep posting! I would love to hear about pregnancy from the SO's point of view!!

    ReplyDelete